Monday, February 14, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes!

WOW!! Today was awesome. After a very hard weekend, I learned today that this rough patch was just what I needed! I had the kids Valentine's presents sat out by the fireplace for when they woke up this morning. (don't worry Wade got his present last night) Allie gets up when I do because I drop her at school on my way to work, so she was the first to get her gifts...some candy, a Charlotte Russe shirt, pink pancake mix and a Twilight Card-her new Droid phone had already been ordered but won't be here until Wednesday.

Layne was next and came down half asleep for his new soccer ball and equipment, new ping pong balls for his table, chocolate candy, a doggy sucker, sweet tarts of course and his Valentine card. Then Pres joined for her new pink golf set, pink miniature soccer ball, two stuffed animals one each from her brother and sister, her diamond ring sucker, Tinkerbell conversation hearts, and chocolates.

Then off to work!!! I've got a cold so it was a dreary morning until about 9 o'clock when I got a big surprise...my hubby and a beautiful little girl carrying a pink bag bigger than she is! I got to spend a few minutes with them while the girls at work loved on Pres. Then I got this phone call at work at about 3:30 saying hey baby what time you get off work!! It was my crazy husband saying he was cooking dinner and wanted to make sure it was hot when I got home!

We sat and had a great family dinner together, talked about the day. Allie asked if I gave her dad the address to her school and when I answered no, she wanted to know how he knew it? I was quite baffled, until she brought in a beautiful red rose, Happy Valentine's Day Balloon and card that read "I love you, Daddy". She was so excited.

Wade and I had a great conversation about our future, our hopes, our plans for our family, what we expect to instill in out kids. I told him of concerns that I have with our blended family that he put at ease. I learned that if I take on his approach and outlook at what we can do with our children and what we can hope for, I felt so much better. We then decided together that we both have a longing for a church family and to get our kids the Christian guidance that they don't get not living in the Bible belt.

I have started preparing my book and have not decided whether to change the names to protect the innocent because there really are no innocent. I have also promised to make this blog the serious facts, of my feelings, no holds barred. So I must say that I got a big surprise tonight that I can say was a definite surprise, but I can also say made me a very happy girl. It has been a long 5 years with this journey of being a blended family and trying to deal with everyone involved and I must say that sharing the last name with my husbands EX wife hasn't been one of my favorite details of being an Agee, but looks like I got another Valentine gift tonight and so did she when she got married! So Congratulations to her and her newest husband and good luck to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment