Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebration, mourning, random thoughts

May 9, 2010....Mother's Day, the day my son left for his first trip without me, the day of another shot at fundraising for Allie.....so much! So much on my mind. So much on my heart. I don't know what to do with all of it. I heard too many stories of lives being lost this weekend, that I just don't understand it. How do you celebrate through the grief, through the tragedy? Life goes on, time doesn't stop and I guess that is what is most tragic and beautiful about it all. Minutes go by and turn into hours, hours go by and turn into days, days into weeks and so on. Before we know it years have passed but we can still look back and remember loss as if it were yesterday. Is that a curse or is that a blessing?

The question that will never be answered...why? Why do some survive and some lose, why do some strive for greatness and some give up, why do some always seem to catch a 'break' and some always seem to just break? I don't understand. I know that I don't have to understand, but still I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment